MESSAGE FROM THE DIRECTOR
Hello Chamber Members,
The leaves have dropped, the nights are longer and the snowflakes are beginning to fall. We hope this finds you all happy and healthy as we prepare for what we hope will be a festive holiday season. Here at the Chamber we’re excited to have Kathi back and have been busy meeting and working with our new Board of Directors, working on the 2018 Visitor and Relocation Guide, and preparing for the Buena Vista Christmas Opening December 2nd!
Please join us for our early and truly unique Business After hours held this November 9. BAH is at Vulcan Glass Art Studio where attendees will see glass demonstrations and get to try glass blowing for themselves. Plus, there will be free drawings for art pieces and Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Passes. Guests can also purchase some of the custom art pieces which would be great gifts for the holidays. Vulcan Glass is a closed art studio so this is a wonderful special event. Artist Barry Stevens has shown at numerous juried art shows, such as the Chicago Botanic Gardens Art Fair. Barry’s work has progressed to a full line of pendants, sculptures, paperweights, dishes, vases, carafes, wine stoppers, and marbles. We are really fortunate to have such an esteemed artist choose Buena Vista to live and create his works.
Like we said in the October Newsletter, we welcome our new Board of Directors members. Mark Hammer with Adventure Company Rafting, Tonya Wyles with the Slug & Chug food truck, and Morgan Mahala with Performance Tours and Sheer Elegance Salon were all recently elected. They join existing members Tom Muller, Chris Quoyeser, Mark Waite, Erin Godonis, Jerianna Pikul, and Kathy Ridlon. We also want to bid a fond farewell to our outgoing board members Dennis Walker and Donna Mausbach. Cindie Swisher also resigned from the board but Jackie Sobczak will finish her term. Thank you to all for your service.
We are diligently preparing for Christmas Opening. This is a wonderful community-wide event that celebrates togetherness and the holiday spirit. We are proud to be bringing back the wonderful events that have made this day such a great tradition for our town as well as some new festivities.
- You can still add your existing Christmas Card to Christmas Card Lane! Just call the Chamber and send your $40 payment by November 15th to get added to the list. We will not have a prison crew to help us this year, so if you are interested in volunteering please call the Chamber and let Danielle know.
- The Chocolate Walk still has room for businesses to sign up. Give us a call to participate. Thank you to Jan’s Restaurant, Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort and Mary Kale with ReMax for providing winning gifts.
- The Polar Express movie will be showing at Pinon Real Estate, BV and is graciously sponsored by Pinon.
- Come warm up and taste some chili at the Chili Cookoff next to CKS on Main St. Hosted by BV Heritage Museum.
- The Equine Parade will deliver Santa (he looks like the real thing!) from the American Legion to the Community Center where kids can visit him. There will be crafts, live music and more!
- Kids can visit Santa for Free at the BV Community Center from 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm. They can also get their photos taken by a professional photographer and emailed or texted to parents. Thank you to Coldwell Banker/Collegiate Peaks Realty for sponsoring Santa and the photographer. See the picture of Santa to the right he is our Harmony Workshops chamber member and is available for booking this holiday season. Hohoho.
- You can take the Hayride Shuttles from South Main Street to West Main Street to explore the shops and festivities.
- Additionally this year South Main Street will have a Tree Decorating, a Polar Plunge (in the Arkansas River, S’mores, Hot Drinks, and Live Music! They will also be kicking off the Parade of Lights by lighting the South Main St. Tree and then joining the parade to pick up Santa and deliver him to light the Community Tree at Optimist Splash Park.
- Especially new this year we are encouraging people to join in the Parade of Lights as it passes them, or form their own neighborhood parades as they travel to the parade route in a illuminated (candles, flashlights, headlamps etc.) group.
The possibilities for joining in the fun are endless so get creative and let us know what you’d like to do and we’ll include it in the Schedule of Events! The deadline to join the Chocolate Walk and other festivities is November 10th. We are also looking for volunteers and Equine or Parade of Lights participants. If you are interested in helping out or participating give us a call and let us know!
We wish you all the best during the festive holiday season! Best regards, The BV Chamber Team
Please join us in welcoming these new Chamber members:
Chaffee County Lifestyle – Heather Shoning – Publisher
www.chaffeecountylifestyle.com firstname.lastname@example.org 720-556-2386
Chaffee County Lifestyle Publications is in the business of connecting local businesses with the local community by direct mailing a high quality, pleasure focused publication. Heather is working on her premier edition coming out soon!
Midland Station – Jacob Mueller, Mike & Francie Allen – Owners
We don’t want to just make you tasty food, we want to give you an incredible experience, a place to return to weekly. It’s why we’re on Main Street in Buena Vista. It’s why we’re right next to a delightful splash park. And it’s why we’re so passionate about creating a destination worth visiting. The mission is simple: serve delicious, clean, affordable food that you’ll want to return to week after week.
Mountain Family Midwifery – Alli Gober, RM CPM – Owner
www.mountainfamilymidwifery.com – 719-221-3937
Mountain Family Midwifery is a full-service women’s health clinic offering primary care to women and infants in pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding. The midwives at Mountain Family Midwifery specialize in highly individualized, holistic approaches to maternity and newborn care. Services include homebirth, waterbirth and vaginal birth after cesarean, as well as in-home prenatal and postpartum appointments. Also included are prenatal labs and ultrasound studies, nutritional counseling, newborn exams, newborn screening and breastfeeding support. Mountain Family Midwifery has office locations in Salida and Silverthorne. The midwives also work in home settings throughout central Colorado, including the cities of Salida, Buena Vista, Leadville, Minturn, Vail, Frisco, Breckenridge, Fairplay, Alma, Hartsel, Canon City, Westcliffe, Cotopaxi, Howard, Crestone, Alamosa and Saguache.
Alli Gober, RM CPM is the owner of Mountain Family Midwifery and provides primary care for maternity and newborn clients throughout central Colorado. Alli has attended births at home and at birth centers since 2006, and opened her own practice in 2012. When she’s not attending births, Alli volunteers for the Ark Valley River Riders and enjoys time in the mountains and on the river.
3rd Gen Roofing – Zach Ortwein – Owner
3rd Gen Roofing continues the family tradition of providing exceptional roofing systems at affordable prices. Specializing in asphalt and classic rib reroofs plus rooftop snow removal, 3rd Gen Roofing has all your roofing needs covered. Free estimates!
A graduate of Ft. Lewis College in Durango, Zach recently moved to BV with his wife. He’s passionate about nature and loves being outside. He wants to earn a positive reputation as a dependable and hard working roofing contractor in this great community.
Vivid Colorado – James Turman – Owner
Vivid Colorado, Buena Vista’s Premier Vacation Hospitality Service. Vivid Colorado is a Buena Vista, Colorado-based online hospitality service manager which serves guests and property owners alike. The unique approach Vivid Colorado takes is towards vacation properties specifically, working with a number of vacation rental websites to market to tourists and seasonal guests. They handle the property promotion, guest screening and communication, keydrop, cleaning, maintenance and supply restock aspect of local online hospitality leasing. Vivid Colorado does not own any lodging but merely acts as a broker to assist both guests and hosts in conjunction with temporary lodging in the greater Buena Vista area.
Vivid Colorado is owned and managed by Jed Turman, an East Texas transplant by way of California, who found his happy medium between the two… and wedged in a sunny valley surrounded by 14ers is exactly where he wants to be. Do you own a vacation property in and around Buena Vista? Vivid Colorado will be happy to give a free assessment of income your property might generate… visit Vivid Colorado for more details.
THANK YOU to October BAH host Pinon Real Estate. There was delicious food catered by Kalamatapit Catering, a gorgeous night, and a fun time networking. Be sure to check in with Pinon Real Estate for any real estate and vacation rental needs.
The Chamber is now accepting hosts for the 2018 Business After Hours (BAH). The calendar fills up quickly so let us know if you’d like to be a host in 2018. Hosts provide the venue and light fare, the Chamber provides the bar. BAH is held the 3rd Thursday of every month from 5pm-7pm. This is a great way to showcase your business by inviting other members & guests to learn about what you offer and take a tour of your business.
Mark you calendar: The next Business After Hours will be Thursday, November 9th at Vulcan Glass Art Studio, 33109 County Road 361 in BV. Enjoy light fair, adult beverages, and great conversations with colleagues. There will be Glass Demonstrations and you can even give glass blowing a try!
Website Page Views Last 90 Days
Unique Users Last 90 Days
Facebook Page Likes
Facebook Reach Last Month
Chamber Members may submit Weekly Announcements, including business events, specials and promotions, that, upon approval, will be emailed to all subscribers by the Chamber and posted on the Weekly Announcements page. Please submit announcements by 5:00 pm on Tuesday. Submit via the Website or email your posters and flyers (jpeg) to email@example.com.