Jobs in Buena Vista, Colorado
With a thriving tourism economy and new and existing businesses expanding every day, Buena Vista, Colorado, USA, is a great place to work! Browse Chamber Member job openings and career opportunities below, and contact us to discuss relocating your business to Buena Vista.
Current Job Listings
BUENA VISTA PUBLIC LIBRARY
Youth Services Coordinator
The Buena Vista Public Library seeks a library professional to serve as our Youth Services Coordinator. The role requires a dynamic, progressive, inclusive self-starter to continue building on our youth department’s strong foundation and patronage. We seek a candidate who believes libraries are more than books, that children make noise while they learn, and that libraries are instrumental in early literacy and development.
Scope of the Position:
The Youth Services Coordinator leads the Library’s services to youth and families. The Coordinator acts as the liaison to Northern Chaffee County’s public, private and home schools as well as to community youth organizations including the Boys and Girls Club and Early Literacy Council. The Coordinator curates and develops the youth collection of books, audiobooks, movies, and digital resources. The Coordinator leads the Library’s youth programming lineup, including a Summer Reading program.
The Coordinator works cooperatively with the leadership team, collection and acquisitions lead, and marketing and communications lead. He/she cooperates with the Executive Director to develop or revise policy, plan the annual budget, and maintain the building, equipment and grounds as they pertain to youth services. He or she builds partnerships with community agencies and businesses to promote the mission and use of the Library.
About the Buena Vista Youth Library:
The Youth Library offers children hands-on activities for exploration and discovery, as well as provides a rich collection of materials for checkout, including games. Programs are offered almost daily to connect families to each other as well as to early literacy strategies. In the dedicated youth space, children and parents interact in reading and play areas. A teen collection and resources await the organization and promotion of a motivated leader.
A Bachelor’s degree in Library studies, early education and literacy, or related field is required, along with three years of library or public service experience. This is a full time, benefited position, with holiday and PTO hours. See further job duties at https://www.libraryjobline.
Contact: Cecilia LaFrance, (719) 395-8700 or email@example.com
COLORADO AUTISM CONSULTANTS
Year-round Friday and Summer Staff Wanted
Looking for a fun and rewarding summer and/or year-round Friday job? We are looking for passionate and dedicated employees!
Colorado Autism Consultants provides innovative and collaborative services to individuals with Autism and other special needs. We believe that through collaboration, passion and evidence-based practice we can change the lives of our clients, their families and their communities.
We are seeking registered behavior technicians, teachers, para- educators and graduate students in related fields to join our team for year-round Friday and summer programs.
Prospective new team members should possess:
- A strong work ethic and excellent communication skills
- A clear background check (CBI and FBI) and previous employment verification
- Patience and love for clients with disabilities
- The ability to kneel and sit on the floor for an extended period of time and perform other physical activities
Colorado Autism Consultants will provide training and supervision. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume on our website at www.coautism.com/OurTeam — click on join our team at the bottom of the page. Our Buena Vista clinic is located at 106 Isabel Court.
We believe that therapy should be tailored to each individual, centered around their interests and rooted in practices that ensure results.
Contact: Kim Luedke, firstname.lastname@example.org
COLORADO CENTRAL TELECOM
We’re hiring! Colorado Central Telecom seeking a full -time employee to join our dynamic team for customer installations and service calls in Chaffee and Lake Counties. Salary commensurate with experience.
The Field Installation Technician requires excellent customer service skills and technical ability. The position requires completing customer installations of fixed wireless and fiber internet, service visits, on-site troubleshooting, and recovery of equipment. Work is performed on site at customer locations both with a physical aspect of installing Internet equipment, as well as a technical portion of updating databases.
Experience: ExPerience preferred, but training provided to the right applicant
Physical Demand’s: Ability to lift/move up to 60 lbs. Ability to climb a ladder and work on roofs. Ability to work in the infrastructure of a home, including attics and crawl spaces. Ability to work in all inclement weather conditions. Must be able to use tools to install equipment. Work Environment: Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to outdoor weather conditions. May work in high, precarious places.
- Must be professional in dress, speech, and manner.
- Previous experience installing Dish Network, DirecTV, Cable, fiber, internet, phone, or alarms a plus.
- Ability to work independently, using sound judgement principles.
- Must be able to safely use ladders and be comfortable working on roofs and running cables to different parts of a building.
- Ability to use basic tools
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions every day.
- Must demonstrate accountability to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, high-change environment while managing multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Must demonstrate a desire to learn, supported with a love for technology.
- Diagnose customer problems at service calls and restore functional service to existing customers.
- Install new customers with Internet service, which includes mounting equipment at roof height, running Cat5-E cable from outside to the customer’s computer inside.
- Configure routers and customer computers for access to Internet services.
- Perform equipment upgrades for existing customers
- Run wires inside homes/businesses
- Handle different types of fiber optic cables
- Assist with moving equipment including mini-excavator, trailers, etc.
- Run lines through conduit and on utility poles following all industry standards and safety procedures.
- Participate in meetings as needed
- Assist other technicians and operations crew as needed
- programming radios and routers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants must have:
- Valid Colorado driver’s license
- Ability to be trained to proficiency
- Professional demeanor
- Mechanical ability with drills, drivers for fastening and terminating CAT5e wire
- Ability to climb ladders and carry moderate equipment
Contact: Tonya Wiles at 719-937-7700 or email email@example.com
Creekside Chalets is looking for a hardworking and reliable housekeeper(s) 1-2 person team, Wednesday – Sunday from 10 am-4 pm. 25-30
hours per week, flexible schedule. $32,000 per year. All cleaning supplies provided and linens professionally serviced. One location, no
traveling between cleans. Independent and safe work environment. Start ASAP.
Contact: Jillian at 970-485-9354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
LAGREE’S FOOD STORES
LaGree’s Food Stores is hiring for all positions. For more information, go to https://lagreesfoodstores.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Are you a creative designer? Familiar with Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop? RLS is a family owned and operated sign shop placed right here in BV!!! This is an in-house position, not a freelance hire or work from home situation.
Contact: Please email resume & portfolio to email@example.com
ROCKY MOUNTAIN LUMBER & HARDWARE
Retail Lumber Driver/Yard
Duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing orders for customer pick-ups or loading the trucks for
- Forklift operation
- Banding & stacking lumber
- Be able to lift/move a minimum of 25 pounds and 80 pounds
- Maintaining the yard and buildings; organization is important.
- Time management and communication are KEY.
- You must consistently communicate well with employees and customers.
- Customer service skills. Assist customers with any inquiries they may
- Valid driver’s license. (CDL NOT required)
- Knowledge of the area is a plus (Not required)
We are looking for someone who wants to work, be responsible, maintain
a good work ethic, be punctual and always have a good attitude. Must be
available to work some Saturdays.
Contact: This is a full-time position with benefits If interested, please apply in person.
Rocky Mountain Lumber & Hardware
735 North Hwy 24
Buena Vista, CO 81211-5040
For additional job opportunities, check out the Salida Chamber of Commerce Job Board