MESSAGE FROM THE CHAMBER TEAM
Hello Chamber Members,
Spring is in the air and it is sure to be an amazing summer on the Arkansas River with so much snow on our peaks! We have been working on many projects.
- Our website has a new interactive recreation map for all visitors and locals who would like to know about the trails and scenic drives in our area. This includes adventurers who would like to know about; Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Mountain Biking, OHV (4WD) trails, Scenic Drives and Snowmobiling. Check it out https://www.buenavistacolorado.org/map/ Be sure to share with your clients and customers.
- Speaking of maps our Buena Vista Town and County map is at the printer. Besides offering a comprehensive map of our town and county it has all sorts of information about our area and things to do. It is a Welcome Center favorite with visitors. See photos to the left of some of the inserts. Thank you to our gracious advertisers. Once we receive the printed copies this map will also be available online with advertiser links. Advertisers will also be receiving printed maps for their businesses.
- Business After Hours is on April 18 and will be hosted and sponsored by Fairway Independent Mortgage and co-hosted and held at First Colorado Land Office. Jim Vowell and David and Sharon Trenkle have all sorts of plans for appetizers and their venue offers a lot of space to meet and greet your fellow colleagues. For Chamber members – $7.00 at the door. We hope to see you there.
- Carole Vowell, our Events Specialist, has been steadily working on the Ride the Rockies event which is being hosted by our Town on June 10 and 11. She has many opportunities for joint business ventures, and non-profit grants and fundraising. She is also diligently looking for volunteers. We have meetings scheduled in April to work with businesses and non-profits who would like to get involved. They are every two weeks on Tuesdays at 5:30pm held at the Community Center. Next meetings are April 2, April 16, and April 30. Please call or email Carole at 719.395.6612 Events@BuenaVistaColorado.org for questions.
- All of the sign up details for our Town’s Fourth of July Celebration are available online via our website: https://www.buenavistacolorado.org/4th-of-july-celebrations/. We want and need you to participate in the festivities! If you would like to participate in the 4th of July Parade please sign up Free by clicking here.
If you would like to hold your own event on the 4th of July let us know we will add you to all marketing and advertising materials and publicize your business or non-profit via our social media venues. Contact Events@buenavistacolorado.org
If you would like to sponsor any of the 4th of July events or have membership questions please contact Jon Cobb at Membership@buenavistacolorado.com
If you would like to donate to the parade or American Legion (for fireworks) click on 4th of July Festivities or American Legion Fireworks. Even a dollar is greatly appreciated.
If you would like to sign up for a booth at Art in the Park click here.
- We have the printed 2019 Visitor & Relocation Guides available at the Visitor Center & Chamber if you need copies for your location. Our team has also been delivering these Guides throughout the state of Colorado and in Buena Vista, Salida and Leadville. You can also download your own copy of the Guide via this link http://www.pageturnpro.com/BV-Welcome-Center/89067-2019-Buena-Vista-Guide/flex.html#page/1 Please share this link with your customers and team it has a wealth of information inside.
- Finally, the Chamber team and Board of Directors have been in the remodel process with interior fixtures and clean-up of the Visitor Center. Next month we will share re-branding programs and photos of the new fixtures.
If you ever have questions, concerns, ideas or would like to brainstorm on how the Chamber can help you please contact Jon Cobb our Membership Specialist at 719.395.6612 or membership@BuenavistaColorado.org. We hope to see you at Business After Hours on April 18th or hear from you soon.
As always, we wish you all the very best! The BV Chamber & Visitor Center Team:
Jon Cobb, Membership Specialist – membership@BuenaVistaColorado.org
Jamie Billesbach, Marketing Specialist – marketing@BuenaVistacolorado.org
Carole Vowel, Events Specialist – events@BuenaVistaColorado.org
Landon James, Welcome Center Specialist – welcome@BuenaVistaColorado.org
Please join us in welcoming our new Chamber Members:
Buena Vista Event Cooperation
Website: https://www.facebook.com/4BVEC/ Email: email@example.com
About: Buena Vista Event Cooperative purpose is to bring awareness and financial support toward creating a year-round venue for visual and performing arts. BVEC has hosted many local events in the past five years: Young People’s talent showcase, making an performing with puppets, local political candidate forum, various bands on the BVEC/Watershed stage, Mountain Mania Car show, BVEC dog Show, and BV,CO to BV, VA Walking Competition.
FreeGirl Skin Care
About: Freegirl Skin Care products are plant based, made with organic and wild crafted ingredients. We’re committed to using only the finest raw materials – never bleached or processed, conserving all of their nourishing vitamins, minerals, enzymes, proteins, and beautiful natural colors. Our formulas consist of high-quality ingredients including essential oils, organic and wild crafted herbs and herbal infusions, food grade vegetable oils and butters and pure vitalized water.
Teller/Chaffee County Waste
About: Residential and Commercial Trash Service and Recycling and Roll-Offs 0-40 yard. Chaffee County Waste started in 2010, however, the company’s roots are with Teller County Waste that started with one truck in 1994 and has grown into a full service operation. We are so proud of our expansion into Chaffee County while still maintaining our family and community oriented focus throughout the Pikes Peak Region.
Bunny Lane Cabins
About: The Bunny Lane Cabins are nestled deep in the San Isabel National Forest along the banks of Chalk Creek in Nathrop, Colorado. Bordered to the north by Mount Princeton and to the south by Mount Antero all four Bunny Lane cabins are cozy and rustic and the Little Dome is a fully furnished stand-alone house, and all offer stunning mountain scenery 24 hours a day 365 days a year! Easily accessible year-round, the Bunny Lane Cabins feature affordable rates and rustic charm.
About: Arras Productions provides Marketing Consultation & Video Production Services. These are focused upon your Small Business, Non-Profit, Corporate, or Special Event individually designed to give you the lead in today’s dynamic marketplace. The focal point of Arras Productions is to facilitate affordable business growth through multimedia video marketing, design, production, delivery, services and support. Whether your company seeks video for advertising, training, education, documentary, or creative purposes, our team will provide the highest level of production designed specifically to meet your budget.
About: Great Mexican food serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. This establishment is family operated and provides new Mexican family recipes that have been shared and loved. Located across from the Visitor Center at 314 Charles Street.
Strategic Communications and Marketing Consultant
About: Jim Hight, Director offers value to clients’ communications and research initiatives. His journalism experience—more than 30 years writing for consumer, business and trade media—enables me to tailor the tone and style of a piece for diverse audiences and to emphasize topical themes while backing up findings with rigorous research. His clients have included OECD, US Department of Commerce, InterAmerican Development Bank, CA Center for Rural Policy, Canada’s Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development and others. In the private sector, his clients are in supply chain risk management, electric power, insurance-linked securities, environmental consulting, and food and agriculture. As editor of Climate Change Business Journal (CCBJ) from 2008 to 2018, he developed hundreds of contacts at corporations, consulting firms, governments, NGOs and institutions—people who recognize me as a writer with expertise and integrity and on whom I can call for research needs.
Colorado Adventure Rentals
About: Darrell Stevens, owner of Colorado Adventure Rentals, LLC. sold his electrical business and “retired.” He left the Midwest to travel around and explore the country. He was excited to make Almont home, in part because of the great ATV riding in the area. Because of the proximity to great trails and the lack of ATV rentals in our area, he decided to start this company to share my passion with visitors and locals alike. Experience the best of Colorado’s off-road trails on our new ATVs and snowmobiles. Our location is ideal for accessing a variety of trails, from the high alpine experiences in Crested Butte and Taylor Park, to the high desert environment of Gunnison, Almont, and the Blue Mesa area. Our rates include insurance, helmets, and instruction. Rental locations are in Gunnison, Blue Mesa, Almont, Taylor Park, Crested Butte, and Grand Mesa/Grand Junction. Rent and ride out from many locations.