We appreciate your interest in volunteering. Please take a look at the job description and qualifications we are interested in, then fill out the application and drop it off at the Chamber.
- To assist Buena Vista’s Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center where information about attractions, accommodation, dining, outdoor activities, real estate, shopping, etc. is distributed to visitors, newcomers and returning residents to Buena Vista County.
- Answer visitor information requests either by phone or in person. To provide directions, accommodation information, and give ideas for the visitors stay in Buena Vista. Make visitor aware of attraction/theatre tickets that we sell.
- Enter name & addresses into VSC database for people interested in receiving Buena Vista Visitors Guide.
- Maintain knowledge of Buena Vista Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center partners, events and information of interest to the visitors.
- Assist in keeping visitor center neat and orderly, by dusting and cleaning and keeping volunteer desk neat and orderly and wiped down between shifts.
- Assist in restocking brochures in visitor services locations
- Assist in assembling welcome bags for groups and events.
- Attend volunteer meetings, in service training & optional familiarization trips.
- Knowledge of the Buena Vista and Chaffee County area, map reading, visitor attractions, accommodations, activities and special events.
- Upbeat and outgoing personality when greeting visitors and on the phone; work well with the general public, staff and other volunteers.
- Basic Computer Skills are helpful, ability to search on the internet is extremely useful, but not necessarily a requirement