- The ATV Historical Tour is September 21-24. The chamber took on the responsibility of this great shoulder season event so we wouldn’t lose it.
- We still need chamber board members. These are 3 year terms. We need a letter of intent by September 8 if you are interested.
- You have til September 20 to submit a nomination for citizen of the year to be recognized at our annual Membership Gala October 15th. Drop us a simple note with their name and everything you know they have accomplished.
- I am looking for sponsors for our Membership Gala. This is a great way to promote your business! Please see the sponsorship levels in this newsletter.
- If you want to have a new CHRISTMAS CARD placed along the highway this season please call us at 395-6612 and let us know. Cost is $125.
- We will be announcing a great new chamber benefit mid September so be watching!
- We are marketing Buena Vista through geocaching.com and will have a geocache event next spring.
Let’s Welcome our NEW MEMBERS!
Buena Vista Baptist Church
30990 CR 356, PO Box 764, Buena Vista
Contact: Douglas Cobb
This is an Independent Baptist Church – a church you can grow with!
301 E. Main St. Buena Vista
Owner: Julie Czech
Sundog Colorado has the Best of the West: Furniture, Art and Vintage Treasures. They sell quality western and vintage furniture, housewares, jewelry, Navajo rugs and clothing.
Julie, as owner, has always appreciated older treasures, furnishing her own homes with her vintage finds! The business is family run and is a collective of 5 different vendors so inventory is always changing.
410 E. Main, BV
Owners: Rick Bieterman and Katy Welter.
Watershed is a community-focused space supporting public, private and nonprofit efforts by connecting resources with opportunities. Whether serving as a testing ground for businesses interested in trying BV’s historic Main Street, hosting workshops and workspace, sponsoring talent, or simply providing a venue for creative collaborations, we aim to turn ideas into action and potential into reality.
Rick taught high school science and alternative education and continues to teach for the National Outdoor Leadership School. Katy has been involved in court reform, community banking, business formation, agriculture and historic preservation.
The Apple Doctor
1548 G St. Unit 1, Salida, CO 81201
Owner: David Kisiel
With over 20 years of experience David is the premier Apple tech service specialist in Central Colorado. Need to speed up your computer?…need a housecall, offsite assistance, or one on one training for Mac, iPhone, iPad or Apple TV, call The Apple Doctor. We have conducted seminars and tutorials across the US and around the world.
David is a certified Apple Beta Tester and co-developed an application for the iPhone/iPad. He was awarded Best New Business of the Year in Mountain Mail’s Best of Salida 2015. So, when you need assistance or training, call The Apple Doctor!