Nowhere else in North America do alpine tundra, tall forests of evergreen and aspen, and massive desert dunes meet so dramatically as in our nation’s newest crown jewel. This book is your essential guide to Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. Camping, wildlife viewing, hiking, backpacking, climbing, mountain biking, dunes snowboarding–the recreational opportunities at “The Dunes” are endless. Slides down the highest sand dunes on the continent, backpack to a pristine high-country lake or climb one of Colorado’s legendary 14,000-foot peaks. Soak in a hot springs pool beneath the stars, tour a working bison ranch or experience an alligator farm!
- Color-coded tabs and activity symbols make it quick and easy for you to find the information you need.
- Detailed trail and route descriptions for over 30 hikes, plus info for bikers, mountain climbers, equestrians, and 4WD enthusiasts.
- Packed with over 40 maps, information charts and hundreds of stunning photos–all in full-color.
- Enjoy complete park planning information, including facilities, camping, lodging, and safety and equipment tips.
- Dozens of close-by activities and fun attractions that will interest anyone, plus fascinating natural and cultural history.
Price includes tax and shipping.