We are proud to announce the launch of our new website for the Buena Vista Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center at www.buenavistacolorado.org! The site is packed with features to attract visitors to the Buena Vista area and connect residents and visitors alike with our Chamber Members.
Chamber Members are listed by category on appropriate pages (for example, Whitewater Rafting or Cabins), and there’s a complete Directory page where website visitors can search and explore all Chamber members.
New Member Perks
We’ve created a new Member Hub where Members can easily and efficiently communicate with the Chamber. The Member Hub is the fastest and most efficient way for Members to share what’s happening with the community. We’ve included all the pertinent fields so important details aren’t inadvertently missed, and this automated system allows us to quickly and accurately add new information to the website. If you need any assistance, we’re always just a phone call or email away!
As a Member, you can:
- Submit changes to your directory listing
- Submit job listings
- Submit local events
- Submit weekly announcements
Please check out your Member listing by searching for yourself on the Directory page. Verify your address is correct, because we now include driving directions! If you need to make changes such as adding your summer hours or updating your phone number, please click here to submit a change to your Directory listing.
Add images and videos to your Member description!
- To insert an image, click the IMAGE icon on the DESCRIPTION area. Select your file to upload, then click “Send it to the Server”. When the file has uploaded, click OK.
- To insert a video, click the EMBED MEDIA icon and insert the URL of the video.
Add your logo!
- All Members now have the ability to upload a logo to be displayed with your listing in the UPLOAD IMAGES area. Logo specs:
- JPG or PNG
- 2MB Max Image File Size
- 1000 px Max image width
- 1000 px Max image height
- Your logo will be resized to fit in a 150 x 150 pixel area
Add your Facebook and Twitter links!
- Visitors will be able to Like or Follow you right from your Directory listing. Additional social media links can be included in your description.
The Things To Do page is the second-most visited page on our website and receives thousands of hits a week, so make sure you’ve submitted all of your special events to the Chamber! Click here to add events.
- To add a video to your Event Details, click Insert > Insert/Edit Video and paste the URL of the video.
- To add an image to your event, upload a file in the Event Image area.
The new website is responsive so it looks great on any device, and the gorgeous pics of the Collegiate Peaks and surrounding BV attractions will automatically resize to fit your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Finding your way around the site is as easy as navigating through Buena Vista, and website visitors can subscribe to receive emails geared toward tourists or locals. The design also incorporates a new logo for the Chamber that features the whitewater of the Arkansas River and snowcapped Mount Princeton, two distinct elements that uniquely identify Buena Vista for all who visit or are lucky enough to live here.
The Chamber partnered with The Lively Merchant, a small business consulting and marketing agency with offices at BV Square. As Chamber Members, small business owners and BV residents, owners David and Amy Lively understood what visitors are looking for online. “It’s our sincere hope that this new website blesses the Chamber and its Members, and the community at large,” said Amy. “We built it to be flexible, functional and full of features that match consumers with local businesses, and show off all our community has to offer.”
If you have any difficulty loading the new site, please:
- Remember that previously bookmarked links may not work
- Delete your cookies and clear your cache by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Delete
- Update your internet browser
We’ve already added a new page for Gold Rush Days and other seasonal pages such as the the Color ATV Tour will be added as they draw near. We’re also busy writing Blogs to highlight fun things to do in and around Buena Vista. Seasonal images will be added to keep the site fresh and timely, and we’re working hard to promote business during the shoulder season.