Date(s) - 12/31/2017
New Year’s Eve Fact Sheet
December 31, 2017
Torchlight Parade Participants Info:
- Participant sign-up begins on Dec. 31. Must be present to sign up.
- Skiers must be able to comfortably ski a blue run without poles and in control.
- Snowboarders need to be a bit more advanced as staying with the flow can be a challenge.
- Participants must sign waivers and receive a wrist band required to receive a torch and load lift; parent must sign for participants under age 18.
- Minimum age of participants is 7. Kids ages 7-12 must be accompanied by a parent.
- Participants must wear appropriate gear and attire; torches spit and can damage coats, pants, and skis/snowboards.
- Participants pick-up torches at the bottom of Tumbelina starting at 4:45 and ready for lift loading at 5:15.
- When arriving towards the bottom of Tumbelina, participants put torches out in the snow and dispose of torches in the metal containers provided.
8:30 Participant sign-up starts at the Season Pass Desk; 140 torches available.
1:00 Band (Roundhouse Assembly) load-in and set-up in the Pioneer Room (starts playing at 3:00).
3:00 Children Center sets up and starts children’s activities in the Gunbarrel.
Happy Hour in the Sidewinder with a New Year’s Eve menu.
3:00 Band starts playing in the Pioneer Room; plays until 5:30.
Cafeteria closes; Elmo’s remains open.
4:30 Glade trail closes (following sweep) to all up- and down-hill traffic for safety precautions.
4:45 Parade participants pick up a torch at the bottom of Tumbelina, and line up for lift loading.
5:00 Last employee shuttle to the Crest parking lot (unless otherwise notified).
5:15 Begin loading lifts for the Torchlight Parade; line-up on Freeway.
Freeway closes to uphill traffic.
5:30 Band in the Pioneer Room announces Torchlight to begin, stops playing, loads out.
Torchlight Parade begins and progresses down Freeway, putting out and disposing flares into the metal barrels at the bottom of Tumbelina.
Java Stop closes.
5:45ish Fireworks begin.
6:00ish Last call in the Sidewinder and Elmo’s.