This new 2018 Visitor & Relocation Guide has been completely revamped to offer visitors and those moving here detailed information about our area along with businesses and/or town/government contact information and links.
Please click on this Google share drive link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xcv6JiTfh7LkuGqRCyWc9X2ptBGJnuHp/view?usp=sharing to download a copy of this Guide for your early review.
Call us at 719.395.6612 or email us at Office@BuenaVistaColorado.org and let us know how many 2018 Guides you would like to offer at your location. They are great for every hotel or motel room, at adventure destinations, and shopping venues.
No matter what business you are in please use and share this guide with your customers and/or guests. We can pre-pack and coordinate pick up times.
In the 2018 guide you will notice stunning new photography from Mountain Spirit Photography – John & Coleen Graybill owners. They have graciously shared their love for their hometown and valley with pictures that are awe-inspiring. Many of these photos are available via their fine art website https://www.mtnspiritphoto.com/. Future projects of the Graybill’s include a 2019 calendar of our area and perhaps a coffee table book of our valley.
We would also like to thank Scott Peterson with www.ColorfulColorado.com for town and county photos and the great map of the twelve – over 14,000’ mountains – in our valley (see pages 28 and 29) in the guide.
Kim Wilcoxson owner of https://www.luminessencephotos.com/ shared some eye-catching portrait photos for the guide. Finally, thank you to all of our wedding photographer members for their works in the wedding section.
All of these incredible local professional photographers captured the essence of our stunning valley and made this guide visually enticing to one and all. Thank you!
WE WANT YOU! Please sign up for your own event, participation or sponsorship for our many Summer Events.
4th of July held on July 4, 2018
The intent with our Buena Vista 4th of July Celebration is to showcase what an amazing and diverse community that we have and steer all of the parade viewers to the many other events and offerings that we have in town on the 4th on West & East Main Streets, South Main Street and Highway 24.
- Let us know if you have an event or promotion to tie into our town wide July 4th We will promote it with all of our advertising which includes local and nearby county newspapers, Heart of the Rockies radio, front range TV KOAA http://www.koaa.com/ and OutThere Colorado https://www.outtherecolorado.com/ “Things to Do.”
- Let us know if you would like to sponsor our 4th of July Celebration and get on our marketing collateral and messaging above.
- SIGN UP with a float, walking display, band or fun entertainment in our towns 4th of July parade. It is heavily attended see photos on right. A great community way for you to share music to be played at your venue that evening, special tours or trips, and/or your business and services or patriotic spirit.
- SIGN Up for an Art in the Park booth. Even if you have a business location this is a great venue to promote and sell your wares, adventure packages and highlight your business offerings with many attendees who shop in the park and in town after the parade.
- Let us know if you are doing any special offers on the 4th and we will highlight them on our website page with your location.
Gold Rush Days (GRD) held on August 11 & 12, 2018
Buena Vista’s signature annual event is the celebration of our heritage and history. It is a weekend filled with free, family-friendly fun and nonstop entertainment. This will be our 38th year of celebrating Gold Rush. GRD music headliner is, “Chris Daniels and the Kings” and should be a great draw for attendees. We will have our traditional live music, art and crafts festival, kids games, historical reenactments, and duck and toilet seat races. WE WANT YOU to add new flair with your own added event or service.
- Let us know if you have an event or promotion to tie into our town wide Gold Rush Days Festival. We will promote it with all of our advertising which includes local and nearby county newspapers, Heart of the Rockies radio, front range TV KOAA http://www.koaa.com/ and OutThere Colorado https://www.outtherecolorado.com/ “Things to Do.”
- Let us know if you would like to sponsor our Gold Rush Days Festival and get on our marketing collateral and messaging above.
- SIGN Up for a Gold Rush Days booth. Even if you have a business location this is a great venue to promote and sell your wares, adventure packages and highlight your business offerings with many attendees who shop in the park and in town.
- On West or East Main Street, South Main or Highway 24 create your own sidewalk or tent sale, or river event. Or, dress in costume of the Gold Rush Days era and share your town’s history with those visiting our great valley. It is each of you and your contributions that make our town unique and truly special.
We are so excited to showcase all of the amazing features of Buena Vista and our valley in the 2018 Guide. We look forward to showcasing each of you in our summer events with your ideas, services and specialties.
Thank you the Chamber team, Kathi, Jamie & Danielle